Love the world of beauty? Want to be a part of a community that spans the globe? We’re always looking for team players to join our ever-growing international family. Akira has a special approach to working together: we mix work with play and try to infuse our day-to-day with the same whimsical color that is inherent to our industry. If this feels like a journey you’d like to be a part of, we’d love for you to join us.
Akira Beauty’s Values
What is it like to work with Akira?
We want you to make a difference. At Akira, we’re looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about directly impacting their team and our customers. If you’re interested in truly making a difference to both your colleagues and the larger beauty community, then Akira is the place for you. We’re committed to helping you make an impact.
We dream big. Akira Beauty’s core focus is offering premium international brands at prices that make sense, without compromising quality. Because we believe our customers deserve more, we found a way to bring this to life. We apply this same “shoot for the moon” attitude to our internal work culture: we strive to create a team that is filled with top industry talent. We value work-life balance. And we’re dedicated to doing great things. Together, we can create a work environment that is as inspiring as it is productive.
We prioritize authenticity. At Akira, we ensure every product that goes through our doors is of the utmost quality and efficacy. We apply this same mindset and attitude to our internal team; when you are your most genuine self, that’s most valuable to us! We’ll always value honesty and integrity above all else.
If you’re interested in the tenets we’ve laid out above and would like to find out more, we’ve listed current job openings below. Tell us why you’re interested at email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Title: Full Stack Developer, eCommerce
- The Full Stack Developer will spearhead the strategic and tactical technology solutions for the eCommerce Business to accomplish the IT development goals. Set strategies, processes, development plans and build best practice to lead and achieve business goals, driving improvements to increase overall IT backend and front-end development performances on the web, mobile, email, social and other platform.
- Provide functional/technical implementation for the analysis, design, development, integration, testing, and ongoing support of the customer driven solutions. Drive process change, programs that improve customer experience and productivity. Responsible for hiring, training and managing the technology team.
- The ideal candidate has proven success in developing and implementing world-class online retail solutions for retail or creative businesses. Built a robust eCommerce website. Led organizations through creative and innovative IT solutions and technology initiatives, website development and maintenance, platform modernizations, and cross-platform integrations. Partnered with the marketing and creative teams to accomplish the business goals. Must be able to work independently and wearing multiple hats, and ready for cross functional collaboration.
- Manage department resources and third-party vendors. Plan for resource allocations and implementation. Ensure partners/vendors/contractors are leveraged in an appropriate manner.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, consultants, and leadership to define, support, analyze and report on technical solution and services.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- 5 – 10+ years of industry development experience in retail, eCommerce, creative industry. Preferred experienced working for a large online retailer. Start-up experience is a plus!
- Experienced planning and building a multi brands eCommerce website. Bonus if familiar with mobile site or app.
- Expert level knowledge in multichannel Retail (including ERP, CRM, eCommerce, Email, etc.) preferably Shopify, Microsoft Dynamic NAV.
- Experienced in organizing, planning, and executing complex digital and online retail projects with cross functional teams, and deliver within budget, timeline and achieving project goals.
- Excellent people management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate to all management levels, and thrive in a cross-functional, evolving business and fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and wearing multiple hats in the initial business stage.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Integrate web services with third party APIs, REST, JSON, JWT, GraphQL is a plus.
- Solid experience working with jQuery and AJAX as necessary.
- Knowledge of Shopify Ajax API a plus, Liquid, as well as experience configuring third party apps.
- Implement well-designed web-based user interfaces using ReactJS / Redux, Node.js or a modern front-end framework and advance CSS skills.
- Familiarity with NoSQL and SLQ databases. (e.g. MongoDB and SQL).
- Hands-on experience with automated testing.
- Agile Methodology.